Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cuil, Is it Really a Cool Competitor to Google?

Yesterday, I looked at the new search engine called Cuil. After reading a few comments, I tried it out. My first search was on "home organization". The 6th link or so went to a very neat looking graphic of an organized garage and although the descriptive wording seemed disjointed I clicked it. I SHOULD have looked at the URL of something like giga.bot.50 that went to a web page I would not want to have shown to my mother. Overall, the look and feel of the results screen, a very large set of indexed websites, thumbnail images, and other features are noticeably different then the Google or Yahoo default search pages as Cuil may one day be a formidable alternative to Google . When you get time, give it Cuil a try, although use caution.